What people Say About Us
- We were wanting to add few additional cameras at our apartment complex, contacted Kiwi Security to add extra 5 cameras around the common areas, theyâ€... Read More55/5
- These guys have been fantastic and attended the job during Christmas break, we have tried calling several security companies to attend the issue we ha... Read More55/5
- Kiwi Security - Excellent communication, Best pricing and Workmanship. I had a problem with my Micron alarm system for quite some time and had contac... Read More55/5
- Fantastic after sales service by Nikhil. He kept me informed every step of the way and made sure there was prompt resolution. He is very pleasant to d... Read More55/5
Security Alarms Installations
Â At Kiwi Security, we offer a wide range of options for alarms likeÂ
- HardwiredÂ andÂ Wireless alarm systemÂ
- Alarm Panel, LCD Keypad
- Glass Break Detectors
- Indoor & Outdoor Sensors
- Indoor & Outdoor Sirens
- Panic Buttons & Door Reeds
- Smoke Detectors & Remote Controllers
Alarm Monitoring & Installation Made Easy
Managing and monitoring your security from almost anywhere in the world!
Text and Email Notifications Everywhere
Easy to use program that is customizable
Read Tracking Station intrusion reports
Immediately arm and disarm your alarm
Alarm Installation – Alarm Components
- The alarm control panel equipped with its power source, acts like the brain of the system which is connected to all the components- Sensors, Keypad, Indoor and Outdoor Sirens.
- An Alarm Keypad usually user friendly which are designed for arming and dis-arming with ease. A range of different keypad options are available in the market for the customers to choose from like LED keypads, LCD keypads and touch screen keypads available in both wired and wireless options.
- Passive Infrared Detectors (PIRâ€™s) commonly known as Motion Detectors – Wireless Passive Infrared Sensors (PIR) are the sensors designed in such a way it can detect the moving intruder within the system protected area. They are usually installed high on the walls of the property. A range of different motion detectors are available including the pet-friendly options which will have reduced sensitivity and they usually get activated depending on how active the pet is around the property.
- Indoor and Outdoor Siren: In the event of an alarm activation the Indoor siren which is installed usually in the hallways makes a sharp alarm noise to panic the intruder and the outdoor siren to alert the neighbours of the activity. Sirens come in different forms like bells, strobe lights and horns. Outdoor Sirens are available in wireless options.
- Door and window contacts: They are the magnetic devices installed along the doors and window frames and are connected to the control panel, once they are activated when a door or window gets opened the device sends the break-in signal to trigger the alarm. Some devices use chime sound while entering and exiting the doors which are very useful if you have kids with the urge to explore the outdoors.
- Glass Break Sensors: These are special kind of sensors which you can add for additional safety to your property especially commercial stores, these sensors can detect the shock waves of a glass breaking and they convert them into electrical signals that will trigger and set the alarm system.
- Remote Controls: Remote controls are very useful tools; you can arm and disarm the alarm system from a few feet without having to enter your alarm code on the keypad. Remote controls are very useful while parking your vehicle in the garage and you can disarm the alarm from your vehicle itself and they can also be programmed to the garage-door remote control so you can use only one remote control to open the garage door and to arm/disarm the alarm system.
- Smoke Detectors: Smoke detectors can be programmed to the main alarm control panel and will send signals if there is any smoke in the property.
We only use the best
Yes the alarm can still work with the help of backup battery and once the power is back to the alarm system the backup battery will start recharging itself.
Yes it is very straight forward to add the code by yourself. The user manual has the instructions â€śhow to add the user codes with the alarm master codeâ€ť or you can also ask the technician when he is onsite to help you with changing the code.
When the alarm goes off or any kind of activations are recorded on the system, the security system will send out a signal to our monitoring station, one of our 24/7 available operators will contact the key holders registered in our database and will send the cops or arrange a guard to your site as per your request.
Sensors are not required in all the rooms but mainly at the corner spaces, near the valuable items, ceilings, basements, second floor bedrooms, outside the patios etc.
Our technician does a free audit and gives you the suggestions and helps you to find the suitable place to install the PIR according to your requirements
Some of the common causes of false activations are
Low Battery: Majority of the wireless security systems has a battery that needs to be changed, the system usually warns when the battery levels are low and sometimes it can also trigger to a false activations.
Pets or Insects or spiders: PIRâ€™S alerts when they detect a warm body moving in front of it and activates straightaway. So, home owners with pets should always choose the sensors that are â€śpet â€“ friendlyâ€ť to avoid the false activations. Insects and Cobwebs can also trigger the alarms.
Doors and windows: Â Loose doors and windows can cause disturbances to the sensors and can easily trigger the alarm when they are rattled by the wind.
Equipment Failure: Faulty equipment can also trigger the alarms, ensure the security company youâ€™re using is licensed and reputed and check if theyâ€™re using the right equipment from the leading suppliers.
Ways to avoid the false activations:
- Check all the doors and windows are closed before you set the alarm
- Inspect the sensors twice a year. Clear the cobwebs, dust, check if sensors are loose.
- Make sure to choose the best security system in the market and get it installed by licensed professionals.
- Make sure the monitoring station has all the emergency contact details registered with them.
- Ensure any kind of security features are out of the reach of the children like panic buttons etc.
Yes, it is true that security system can be triggered by pets. Talk to your security company about the pet-friendly options. With traditional sensors, the alarm gets easily activated and can cause a false activation but with Passive Infrared (PIR) motion detectors, it can detect the heat changes and avoid the false activations.
For new systems, the batteries can last up to 6 years but the manufacturers usually recommend changing the batteries for every 3 â€“ 4 years.
Having a wide range of cameras available in the market, how can we decide which camera is right?
An Analog camera uses coaxial cables for cabling and records the videos by the DVR (Digital Video Recorder) and every single camera has to be directly connected to the DVR, whereas IP cameras uses the data network (LAN) for the cabling and records the videos by an NVR (Network Video Recorder) and all the cameras can be connected anywhere on the network.
Both Analog and IP uses the same procedure in capturing the video by their sensors but the major difference is how the video is being transmitted.
Analog cameras have been used in the security industry for more than 30 years and IP cameras have just come into the popularity in the last few years and have the ability to cover three to four cameras areas by one camera and transfer the video signals through one cable to your system, whereas with Analog cameras you actually need more cables and need more cameras to do the same job as IP cameras.
There are many day/ night cameras in the market that are built in with IR-illuminators which claim to capture effective images in zero light conditions with proximity up to 50 meters. These cameras are specially designed to operate in well-lit and poorly lit environments.
Usually the outdoor sirens are designed to make noise for 4 minutes and this time is also adjustable.